Building an SD/HD-SDI recorder with a physical control panel, and a monitor into a portable hand carried clamshell design; the Datavideo HRS-30 Portable Hand Carried SD/HD-SDI Recorder with Built-in 10.1″ Monitor is suitable for use on locations for off camera recording of SD/HD-SDI signals. The integrated physical keyboard provides push-button navigation and playback of your video clips with familiar VTR style control. It features a small LCD screen for clip information, so your footage can play back on the 10.1″ monitor screen.
- The 10.1″ TFT LCD is built-into the cover of the HRS-30, so there is no need to cable the monitor, just open the cover and power up.
- The unit accepts SD/HD-SDI signals through its input, and provides a loop through SDI output, an HDMI and SDI output for playback from the unit.
- Recording the video image using MPEG 2 codec with 4:2:2 color sampling provides a good balance of quality versus file size, and you can choose to record your footage as either MXF or MOV files.
- The unit records to a 1TB SSD that is mounted in the removable drive rack.
- Power for the HRS-30 is either through use of an optional V-Mount battery attached to the built-in V-Mount in the unit’s cover, or by using the included power supply, which features a locking power connector.